SWEET POTATO, HALLOUMI & CHIPOTLE BURGERS
Our super-cheesy veggie burgers boast a fiery kick and are deliciously moreish!
A fantastic alternative to traditional vegetarian burgers.
- 450g chunks sweet potato
- 175g broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 175g grated halloumi
- 2tbsp wholemeal flour
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2tbsp The Herb & Spice Co. Chipotle seasoning
Additional toppings – sour cream, red onion or sautéed onions.
- Cook sweet potato in lightly salted water for 20 mins, or until tender. Drain & mash.
- Cut broccoli into small pieces and boil in separate pan for around 3 minutes. Drain & drench in cold water. Drain again & add to sweet potato mash.
- Add garlic, onion, halloumi & chipotle seasoning and mix well.
- Shape into 4 to 6 equal size patties and coat with flour.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the patties and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked, flipping once during cooking.
- Top the burgers with sautéed onions, sour cream & or grilled halloumi cheese if you’re feeling extra cheesy!